Protein Pancakes with Strawberry Protein Sauce
For The Pancakes
- ½ cup organic white flour (gluten free if needed)
- ½ cup Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein Powder
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 TSP baking powder
For The Sauce
- 4 TBSP coconut yoghurt
- 2 TBSP Pulsin Immunity Red Berry Supershake
- 2 TBSP goji berries
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 2 TBSP plant-based milk
To celebrate Pancake Day 2020 we’ve got an extra special recipe from Jade Crawford the amazing vegan Head Chef at Forest Green Rovers Football Club! These pancakes are not only easy to make; they also contain two hits of plant-based protein in both the pancakes themselves and the delish strawberry protein sauce (yum!)
Jade has used our Unflavoured Pea Protein in this recipe. With 80% protein and a neutral flavour, it is the most versatile powder in our range. It can easily be mixed with sweet or savoury dishes and is heat stable, so it is also a great way of adding a protein boost to hot soups and casseroles!
Our Red Berry ‘Immunity’ Supershake has 20g of complete plant-based protein per serving and has a perfect complex of Vitamin C and live bacteria to support an active immune system. Not only can you add our Supershakes to recipes like this one, the blend of red berries when added with water, make it a great tasting and easily digestible protein drink on the go, which is rich in Vitamin C and Pro-Biotics.
Love Pancakes? Check out more recipes here!
Pulsin’s goal is to create tasty nutritionally balanced products to suit everyone’s needs; be that for health, dietary intolerance or lifestyle, to help each person be their best self.
Since launching Pulsin in 2007, co-founders Simon Ashburner, Nick Bildner and Ben Lewis, have shared the view that people, of all ages should be able to eat healthy foods without compromising taste.
Their award-winning range of tasty, nutritious products are perfect for fuelling your day. From delicious guilt-free Raw Choc Brownies, Protein Booster Bars, Fruit & Nut Bars and Kids Fruity Oat Bars the whole family can enjoy, to Protein Powders and Supershakes perfect for shaking or baking, Pulsin will:
Help you feel fuller for longer
Contribute to maintaining your energy levels
Increase your protein intake
Their products are all gluten-free, vegan or vegetarian, non-GM and made using the finest natural and nutritious ingredients we can get our hands on. Did we mention they’re ridiculously delicious too? Made using renewable energy at our Gloucestershire HQ and following a 0% to landfill policy, we’re strictly no nasties and no nonsense!
- For the Pancakes:
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, whisk until thick and bubbly
- Add oil to a frying pan, let the frying pan get hot for 2 minutes
- Pour the batter into a jug
- Once the pan is hot pour the batter into the frying pan to the size and depth you like your pancakes
- Cook fully on one side, then flip the pancake and cook on the other, it will only need a couple of minutes each side.
- For The Sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a blender, once blended, drizzle over the top of the pancakes
- Cut fresh strawberries and blueberries for the topping (or anything you like!)