Protein Granola Bars
- 120g rolled oats (gluten free if required)
- 80g mixed nuts (I used a mixture of pistachios, almonds and hazelnuts)
- 80g mixed seeds (I used pumpkin, chia and flaxseeds)
- 45g coconut sugar
- 50g dried goldenberries
- 40g raisins
- 20g rice crispies or puffed quinoa
- 20g toasted coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp. Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein Powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 70g coconut oil
- 100g nut butter of choice (peanut, almond, cashew, sunflower seed or pumpkin)
- 50g liquid sweetener, e.g. maple, agave, brown rice syrup
Healthy snacking made easy! How about some no refined sugar, protein-enriched protein granola bars? These are crunchy, fragrant and so delicious!
These bars can be whipped up in 20 mins and they bake in under 20 mins. These are ideal as a portable breakfast, packed lunch or as a pre or post-workout snack. Caution though: if you are taking these to work, pack extra as your colleagues will want some!
These granola bars are enriched with chia and flaxseed, adding a protein, fibre and omega-3 boost. They keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks in a sealed airtight container and also freeze well. I like to make a big batch and freeze some for weeks ahead.
- Grease & line a baking tray measuring approx. 8 X 11″with greaseproof paper & spray with coconut oil. Preheat the oven to 180º
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: oats, chopped nuts, seeds, coconut sugar, dried goldenberries, raisins, rice crispies or puffed quinoa, coconut flakes, protein powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Put the coconut oil, nut butter and sweetener in a saucepan on a low heat and mix to combine.
- Mix together the wet ingredients with the dry.
- Pour into the prepared baking tin & level using a spatula. Bake for 16-20 mins until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing up into bars. These store for about 2 weeks in the fridge and can also be frozen.