Protein Cookie Dough Truffles with Chickpeas! 😋
Cookie Dough Truffle Filling
- 120g 75% - 85% dark chocolate, roughly chopped into small pieces
- 14g (1 tbsp) coconut oil
Chocolate cookie dough protein truffles with a difference. These truffles have a soft cookie dough filling, encased in a crisp chocolate shell.
Dairy and gluten free, the base of the recipe is a can of chickpeas…blended up with a small amount of maple syrup and stevia, pea protein, and oat flour.
- Blend together all truffle ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, until smooth in your food processor or blender.
- Put truffle mixture into a bowl and fold in chocolate chips with a spoon. Place into the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- Once a little firmer roll truffle filling into balls...I made 10 golf ball sized truffles!
- Place onto a tray or plate lined with baking paper and then transfer the plate into the freezer for half an hour.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil into a large, 2 litre, pyrex jug. Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds for a total of 2 minutes. The chocolate should be fully melted.
- Remove truffles from the freezer and half a clean plate lined with baking paper ready. One at time dunk the truffles into the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to dunk and roll quickly, lift each on out with a fork, carefully shake off excess chocolate and place onto the clean plate. Drizzle with remaining chocolate once the shell has just set… it will take mere minutes.
- Once coated allow to set at room temperature or place into the fridge if you prefer a firmer truffle.
- Store in the fridge for up to five days or at room temperature in seal tight container for up to 3 days. I would imagine these will freeze just fine and should last for up to one month. Thaw at room temperature for 20 -30 minutes before eating.