The post workout porridge your body will love
- 100g jumbo oats
- 25g Organic Whey protein
- Water to texture preference
- Salt to taste
- A large pinch of ground cinnamon, to taste
- • A handful of nuts, roughly chopped (I used a mix of almonds and pistachios)
- A small pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste
- A drizzle of honey
- Grated zest of one lime
- Grated zest of half and orange
- A small pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Here is a high protein porridge for those of you love porridge but want to squeeze a little extra protein into your breakfast. We’ve been adding whey protein powder to our porridge for a while now, but recently we stumbled upon this phenomenal serving strategy that really kicks it up to a new level. It’s all about the garnish – citrus zest, honey, cayenne, and lots of nuts. Proof that porridge needn’t be boring! (Or a total carb fest!)
- Mix the oats, salt and protein power thoroughly in a medium saucepan. Add the cold water in accordance with your textural preferences.
- Gently heat the water, being careful not to burn the protein powder, stirring constantly to avoid lumps, until the porridge reaches your preferred texture and consistency.
- Remove from the heat and taste for seasoning.
- Stir in the ground cinnamon.
- Decant into a bowl.
- Scatter the nuts onto the porridge.
- Sprinkle the cayenne pepper.
- Drizzle with the honey.
- Grate the citrus zests onto the porridge.
- Grate the nutmeg onto the porridge.
- Eat with gusto.