Pineapple Spinach Nice Cream
- 2 bananas, sliced into coins and frozen
- Large handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp. plant milk
- 100g frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp. Pulsin Unfflavoured Pea or Soya Protein Powder
- ¼-3/4 tsp. wheatgrass superfood powder (novices to wheatgrass may wish to opt for a lower amount as wheatgrass has quite a discerning flavour).
Does healthy ice cream exist I hear you say? Yes! It’s called nice cream!
Nice cream is simply blended up frozen fruit, most frequently being frozen ripe bananas. When whizzed up in a high-speed blender you get a creamy soft Mr Whippy like-ice cream that is delicious and is free from dairy, added sugar, colours or preservatives. You can also create any flavour you fancy and it only takes 5 minutes to prepare. Clean-eating at its best!
The grown-ups and kiddies in my household go nuts for nice cream. So much so, I often find myself buying extra bananas from the market with the intention of having extra to make nice-cream. To boost up the protein content, I have added in some protein powder and wheatgrass.
You can of course serve your nice cream in a cone, but I love serving mine in a bowl so I can add loads of toppings. The only thing you need to remember is to freeze your bananas/ fruit beforehand (otherwise this recipe does not work!). Happy creating!
- Simply place all ingredients into high-speed blender or food processor and mix. You will need a spatula to scrape down the contents and repeat the process a few times. Initially the mixture looks unpromising, but persist. The mixture will combine to form a beautiful creamy green nice cream!
- Decorate as desired and enjoy! If desired, you can pop this nice cream in the freezer for later. I have tried to show in my photos the texture. As it was a very hot day, it was a bit of a challenge trying to take a photo before this melted!!!
- Topping ideas: Sliced grapes, raspberries, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, toasted coconut chips, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, crushed pistachios.