Perfect Pea Protein Vegan Pancakes
- 60g (½ cup) buckwheat flour
- 10g (1 tbsp) rice flour
- 7g (1 tbsp) arrowroot flour
- 20g (2 heaped tbsp) Pea Protein Powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Dash of cinnamon
- 180ml of unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or 5 - 10 drops liquid stevia
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Optional Add Ins… ½ a small banana diced, small handful of fresh blueberries or blackberries diced, 1 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips…
- Fresh berries to serve (I just heated mine for 15 seconds in the microwave before piling on top)
- Maple syrup to serve
Not only are these pancakes dairy and egg free, but they’re also gluten free!
Beautifully thick, doughy and fluffy, they are the protein pancakes that dreams are made of.
- Blend together all ingredients. Add mix ins if desired.
- Heat a nonstick pan and lightly coat with melted coconut oil.
- Cook ¼ cup or 2 heaped tbsp measures of the pancake batter in the pan per pancake...I cooked 2 -3 at a time in a 10 inch pan.
- Allow to cook for 3 minutes before carefully flipping and cooking for 3 minutes more.
- To make flipping easier place pan under a preheated grill. Cook pancakes for 1 minute under the grill and flip with ease. Return to the stovetop to cook through for 2 more minutes in this case.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack if cooking in advance and you plan on reheating.
- Serve topped with fresh lightly warmed berries and a drizzle of maple syrup...or whatever your heart desires!