Peanut Butter Protein Rice Crispy Squares
- 110g crisp rice cereal
- 125ml maple syrup
- 14g coconut oil, melted
- 80g Vanilla Whey Protein
- 140g smooth or crunchy all natural peanut butter
- 60g dark chocolate roughly chopped
Who doesn’t love a rice crispy treat? Think less chocolate, peanut butter laced and vanilla protein boosted!!
These squares are lightly chewy, deliciously peanut buttery and retain their crispy goodness for a good three to four days. The easy to make, no bake, alternative protein treat you’ve been looking for!
- Line an 8 inch square tin with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil.
- Place cereal into a large bowl.
- Mix together protein, maple syrup, peanut butter and coconut oil in a bowl or jug.
- Pour protein mixture over the cereal and mix well until all the cereal is well coated.
- Press mixture into the tin, spread evenly, press down and compact gently with your hands or the back of a spoon and place into the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Slice into 9 squares.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time stirring and repeating until melted; it should take less than 2 minutes total.
- Drizzle chocolate over each of the squares.
- Store in a seal tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.