Peanut Butter and “Jelly” Protein Bars
- 250g (1 cup) Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250g) Whey Protein Concentrate
- 1/2 cup (125ml) warm water + 2 -3 tbsp (as needed)
- 1/2 cup (90g) pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup (110g) coconut butter
- 1/4 cup (55g) coconut oil
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 40g (2 heaped tbsp) Whey Protein Concentrate
- 1 heaped tsp beet powder
- 5 - 10 drops Stevia Raspberry Drops (or strawberry)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp (10g) chopped raw cacao nibs for topping
- 1/2 tbsp (5g) desiccated coconut for topping
The only time I’m a fan of fruit flavoured treats is when it’s combined with one of my favourite nut butters. Peanut butter and “Jelly”…is such a classic combination.
Chewy, sweet, with a sticky glossy protein raspberry “icing” on top, these peanut butter protein bars are so incredibly satisfying. A protein bar with all of the flavour, a texture you’ll find hard to rival and none of the more questionable ingredients that you’d find on a packet!
- Blend together peanut butter, vanilla and Medjool dates to a smooth paste in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Melt coconut butter and oil and allow to come to room temperature.
- Add water to the nut butter mixture and blend to combine.
- Next add your protein powder, process until evenly distributed.
- Finally add your melted coconut butter and oil mixture and process to combine. You may need a little more water to bring the mixture together; add 1/2 tbsp of WARM water a time as necessary. You should have SLIGHTLY sticky fudge like consistency.
- Place mixture in a square 8 inch tray, 9 x 5 also works well. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon ensuring it’s well compacted.
- Place in the fridge to firm up for four hours or overnight.
- Slice into 12 bars.
- Mix together all icing ingredients.
- Place 1 -2 tsp of the icing on top of each bar. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and coconut.
- Store in the fridge for a couple of weeks in a seal tight container or the freezer for up to one month.