Peach, raspberry and goldenberry smoothie
- 100g raspberries
- 1 large (100g) carrot
- 1-2 Medjool dates, to taste (depending on how sweet you like it) or ¼ tsp stevia
- 1 tbsp. protein powder (soya bean or pea) or ground flaxseed or hemp seeds
- 4 ice cubes
- 100g peach (stone removed and cut into chunks)
- 2 radishes (approx. 35g)
- 1 tbsp. Goldenberry and Chia Powderblend
- 200ml milk of choice. Almond and cashew milk work well
- A few raspberries to garnish (optional)
Celebrate the flavours of summer with this delicious peach, raspberry and goldenberry smoothie! This blushing smoothie is sweet, tangy and refreshing with savoury notes coming from two ‘hidden’ vegetables: radish and carrot. It makes a super energising breakfast or a refreshing nutrient-packed drink, ideal to help you recharge after a long day or a good workout. It is also an excellent way to get more fruit and veg into your diet.
Being rich in fruit and vegetables, this smoothie is rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds and fibre, so helps keep your immune and digestive system in tiptop condition.
I love supplementing mine with Goldenberry and Chia Powerblend, which is a delicious mix of dried goldenberries and ground chia seeds. It tastes zingy and slightly like citrus tropical fruit. It is high in fibre, protein, iron, calcium, potassium, vitamin A and the B vitamins, so excellent for boosting good health in a range of systems including that of the healthy eyes, immune system, cardiovascular and excretory systems.
- Add all smoothie ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix to a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a glass and decorate with a few raspberries if desired. Enjoy.