Orange Apple Smoothie bowl
- Half a large orange (approx. 75g)
- 1/3 Mango (approx. 75g) (Pineapple also works!)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and roughly chopped into chunks
- 1 large banana (frozen)
- 1 tbsp. goji berries
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 100ml plant milk or green tea
- 3 florets of cauliflower (ideally frozen)
- 1 chunk of cucumber (approx. 40g, peeled) (You can sub for courgette).
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1 thumb sized piece of fresh root ginger
- 2 tbsp. Pulsin Soya Protein Powder
I am often asked what is the the perfect smoothie bowl recipe . This boils down to personal preference, but l like to balance out the sweetness of the fruit with vegetables. Also, as I like my smoothies thick and creamy, I use frozen fruit and veg where possible (especially frozen bananas!)
As for the liquid base, I like to use filtered water, green tea, coconut water, plant milk or chamomile tea; and sometimes a mixture of these! One of the best things about smoothies is that you can always play with the recipe as you go along, tailoring it to your own palate.
This smoothie bowl combines the sweetness of fresh orange with apple and mango and balances it with cauliflower (you can’t taste it, but it adds nutrition and creaminess) and refreshing cucumber. The goji berries add a touch of earthiness and the lime a bit of zing.
Smoothie bowls are a perfect and refreshing way to rehydrate and reenergise; I love them for breakfast, after a good gym work out or simply when I need an energy boost. I tend to make smoothie bowls rather than smoothies, unless I need a grab and go breakfast, as I love adding crunchy toppings!
Fancy giving some Pulsin Products a try but not sure what to go for? Give this fab review from VeganLiftz a read here.
- Add all smoothie ingredients into a blender and whizz to combine. Pour into a bowl and decorate as desired.