Orange Antioxidant Smoothie Bowl
- Half a large orange (approx. 75g)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into rough chunks
- Thumb size piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp. Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp. goji berries
- 70ml coconut water
- 3 large chunks of pineapple (approx. 75g)
- 50g pepper (yellow or orange)
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. baobab superfruit powder
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 70ml plant milk (almond, oat, hemp or coconut)
This energising sunset orange smoothie bowl is crammed with antioxidants, protein, omega-3s, fibre, vitamins and minerals. It is perfect as a healthy breakfast, to recharge after exercise or simply to re-energise when you are flagging.
It is a zingy combination of sweet fragrant orange blended with juicy tropical pineapple, nutty carrot, earthy goji berries and zingy baobab superfruit powder.
Why is baobab a superfruit? Baobab is rich in vitamin C, fibre & antioxidants, minerals and the B vitamins; nutrients that can boost your energy levels, support the immune system and reduce tiredness.
To bump up the nutritional profile, I have included hemp seeds or chia seeds in the recipe. Both are rich sources of plant-based protein, fibre and healthy heart polyunsaturated fats!
As with many of my recipes, I also love to add protein powder. I use pea or soy varieties.
- Simply place all smoothie ingredients into a blender and mix to combine. Pour into a bowl and decorate as desired. Enjoy!
- Optional Toppings: Cacao –coated golgenberries, granola, pistachios, pomegranate seeds, almonds, blueberries, cacao nibs.