Matcha Protein Overnight Rice & Oats
For the oats
- 50g rolled oats
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 level tsp Matcha powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 10ml maple syrup or 5- 10 drops stevia*
- 20g Pea Protein, Vanilla Flavoured Whey Protein or Rice Protein
- 60g yogurt of choice (I used dairy free natural unsweetened almond yogurt)
- 50g cooked short grain brown rice
- 1 tbsp yogurt of choice
- Frozen thaw strawberries, gently heating them provides a nice contrast to the cool oats
- Diced Mango
- Desiccated Coconut
- Hemp Seeds
It is the season for cool and creamy overnight oats…well almost! Rather than racing into smoothie bowls I like the wholesomeness of a bowl of oats, mixed up with new flavour combinations, and some creamy yogurt of choice. I add some cooked short grain brown rice to make use of leftovers and provide some extra chew factor.
*You may not need this additional sweetness if you use the Vanilla Whey Protein as it has stevia added.
- Mix together oats and almond milk in a bowl. Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Whisk together matcha powder, vanilla extract, maple syrup or stevia and protein of choice with yogurt in a jug until smooth.
- Stir together brown rice, cooked oats and protein matcha yogurt mixture. Add 60 - 125ml of water or almond milk to thin out oats to desired consistency. Place into the fridge overnight.
- You can add more water or almond milk before serving depending on how thick you want to keep the oats.
- Top with your favourite toppings!