Iced Banana Oat Protein Donuts
- 90g (1 cup) gluten free oats
- 100g (1 small) ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g (2 tbsp) honey
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) oegg free range liquid egg whites
- 30g Whey Protein Concentrate
- 2 tbsp (20g) peanut flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 10 - 15 drops liquid stevia (to taste)
- 1 large square of dark chocolate chopped or coconut for sprinkling!
Banana oat donuts, a wholesome alternative to satisfy your donut craving with a sweet protein icing…peanut butter or chocolate, whichever you fancy!
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Blend together banana donut ingredients in a high speed blender or nutri bullet.
- Spray a donut pan lightly with spray oil.
- Spoon donut batter into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool before removing from the tray.
- Mix together icing ingredients (for a chocolate icing use raw cacao powder or cocoa powder to replace the peanut flour!).
- Spread icing on cooled donuts. Best eaten on day of baking or within 48 hours. Store in a seal tight container at room temperature.