Green Smoothie Bowl (blackberry, raspberry and green tea)
- 70g fresh spinach
- 7 large mint leaves (approx. 2g)
- 1 red apple (approx. 90g)
- 1 small frozen banana
- 2 tbsp. oats (gluten-free if required)
- ½-3/4 tsp. Alkalising Superpowder (a blend of wheatgrass, spirulina and Matcha green tea powder)
- 110ml milk of choice (almond, soy are my favourite)
- 60g blackberries
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp. goji berries
- 2 tbsp. protein powder (soya bean or pea)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Juice from ½ a lime
Smoothie bowls away! This green smoothie bowl is a delicious blend of juicy berries, spinach, chia seeds, oats, protein power and a dash of Matcha green tea, wheatgrass and spirulina. You have fresh verdant spinach mingled with sweet earthy blackberries, tart, sweet raspberries and tangy apple and lime juice. The chia seeds, oats and protein powder make this bowl smoothie bowl creamy without the need for dairy.
I have also added some fragrant and uplifting fresh mint, which is not only delicious (complimenting the sweet berries), but is a superb source of vitamin A (so great for your eyes), can soothe tummy problems and may help improve cognition.
This smoothie bowl is full of antioxidants, fibre, and protein and has a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids. I love this smoothie bowl for breakfast to help energise me (I wake up slowly!), but also to re-fuel after a good work or when I am flagging.
By using gluten-free oats, this recipe is suitable for coeliacs and by using plant-based milk, this smoothie bowl is suitable for vegans.
Toppings: As desired
I used: fresh blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, dried goldenberries, cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds, almonds and low-sugar granola.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix to blend all ingredients together.
- Pour into a bowl and decorate as desired.