Fresh and fragrant avocado pea dip
- 30g raw cashews
- 1 plump garlic clove
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- Handful of fresh mint
- 1.5 tbsp vegan yoghurt (coconut and soy work well)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 large avocado, peeled & roughly diced
- 3 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 75g frozen peas, defrosted
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: 1 tbsp plant derived protein powder (pea or soy work well) or milled chia seeds. If you are using either of these, add 1.5-2 tbsp more water and /or olive oil
I love creamy guacamole and could eat it all day. In this recipe, I wanted to create a twist to it by adding peas and mint to add fragrance and freshness. To me, this dip encapsulates the taste of summer on a hot summers day!
This dip is delicious with crudités, super in salads, fantastic with falafels (e.g. sweet potato sun dried chilli falafels), blackbean goji chilli burgers or super simply slathered on toasted ryebread or sourdough.
The cashews in this recipe help make the dip creamier and by using a vegan based yoghurt, you can keep this recipe vegan. To boost the nutritive value, you can protein powder (I use plant derived pea or soy protein powder) or milled chia seeds.
I made this dip chunky by blitzing for less time in the blender, but if you like it smoother, just pulse for longer. This dip is incredibly easy to make, so much so you wont want to buy shop-bought dips any more!
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blitz to form a paste. Blitz for less time if you like a chunky avocado dip. Blitz for longer if you like it smoother.
- Decant into a bowl and garnish with a sprig of mint. Enjoy!