Double Chocolate Protein Oats
For the Oats
Because sometimes you just need your chocolate fix first thing in the morning…
These are also perfect for Easter! A slightly more indulgent bowl of oats that also makes for a mighty snack and bedtime treat!
- Blend together cocoa powder or cacao powder with 250ml (1 cup) water or almond milk, vanilla and stevia.
- Add oats to a pot and cover with the chocolate mixture.
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 3 minutes.
- In a shaker mix together remaining water or almond mix with whey protein concentrate. Alternatively you can whisk the two together or blend in a jug.
- Add the protein mixture to the oats, stir to combine and leave to simmer and thicken for a further two minutes.
- Serve topped with chopped chocolate, whey protein icing, coconut flakes and fresh raspberries!