Double Chocolate Protein Oats
For the Oats
- 60g (2/3 cup) gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp (10g) raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (10g) chocolate drops
- 1 tsp stevia erylite or 5 drops of liquid stevia
- 2 tbsp (20g) Whey Protein Concentrate
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Pulsin Whey Protein Concentrate (+ 1 tsp water, stevia to taste)
- Coconut Flakes
- Finely chopped 85 - 90% dark chocolate
Because sometimes you just need your chocolate fix first thing in the morning…
These are also perfect for Easter! A slightly more indulgent bowl of oats that also makes for a mighty snack and bedtime treat!
- Blend together cocoa powder or cacao powder with 250ml (1 cup) water or almond milk, vanilla and stevia.
- Add oats to a pot and cover with the chocolate mixture.
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 3 minutes.
- In a shaker mix together remaining water or almond mix with whey protein concentrate. Alternatively you can whisk the two together or blend in a jug.
- Add the protein mixture to the oats, stir to combine and leave to simmer and thicken for a further two minutes.
- Serve topped with chopped chocolate, whey protein icing, coconut flakes and fresh raspberries!