Double Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Bars
- 250g (1 cup) Hazelnut Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250g) Whey Protein Concentrate
- 1/2 cup (125ml) warm water + 2 -3 tbsp (as needed)
- 1/2 cup (90g) pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup (110g) coconut butter
- 1/4 cup (55g) coconut oil
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 40g (2 heaped tbsp) Whey Protein Concentrate
- 1 tbsp (10g) raw cacao powder
- 5 - 10 drops stevia drops (hazelnut flavoured if you can get them!)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp (20g) chopped roast hazelnuts for topping
A chocolate fix for all year round or a mighty replacement for the usual Easter candy!
A fudgy hazelnut chocolate protein bar topped with a chocolate protein icing and a sprinkle of chopped roast hazelnuts just because…
- Blend together hazelnut butter, vanilla and Medjool dates to a smooth paste in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Melt coconut butter and oil and allow to come to room temperature.
- Add water to the nut butter mixture and blend to combine.
- Next add your protein powder, process until evenly distributed…
- Finally add your melted coconut butter and oil mixture and process to combine. You may need a little more warm water to bring the mixture together; add 1/2 tbsp of WARM water a time as necessary. You should have SLIGHTLY sticky fudge like consistency.
- Place mixture in a square 8 inch tray, 9 * 5 also works well. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon ensuring it’s well compacted.
- Place in the fridge to firm up for four hours or overnight.
- Slice into 12 bars.
- Mix together all icing ingredients.
- Place 1 -2 tsp of the icing on top of each bar. Sprinkle with roast hazelnuts.
- Store in the fridge for a couple of weeks in a seal tight container or the freezer for up to one month.