Dairy Free Protein Mac and Cheese
- ¾ cup (180ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp (20g) Pea Protein Isolate
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp (15g) nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Pink Himalayan Rock Salt to taste
Thick and creamy dairy free protein enriched “cheese sauce” to lace your favourite pasta with. My favourite is a brown rice gluten free macaroni for that authentic mac and cheese experience!
This is a high protein nutrient dense sauce that will add a feisty flavourful and nourishing punch to veggies or pasta or whatever your heart desires. Low in fat, with a moderate amount of carbs as well as being rich in protein it would be the perfect addition to a post workout savoury meal option and equally delightful any time of the day to leave you feel satiated for longer than a bowl of pasta or veggies on their own would facilitate.
- Blend together all ingredients in a jug. Place in a pot and heat through for a few minutes. Add more unsweetened almond milk to thin out if necessary.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up two days or just devour the whole lot over a bowl of your favourite pasta, veggies or use a high protein flavourful dip!