Creamy Protein Rice Pudding you’ll adore
- 80g brown rice flakes
- 125ml full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 300ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g Pulsin Vanilla Whey Protein (+ 3 tbsp water)
Rice Pudding with a protein boost made in minutes! I love the starchy yet creamy texture of a rice pudding, hearty and comforting goodness. This one is a little more nutritious, suitable for breakfast or dessert, and a lot less time consuming to make thanks to a recent wonderful discovery…brown rice flakes!
I served mine topped with pistachios, pomegranate and little more maple syrup for good measure; a little sprinkle of rose petals for a final flourish of prettiness!
I actually love this chilled overnight and served cold. If it thickens too much just add a little more milk of choice to loosen it up again.
- Mix together brown rice flakes and almond milk in a large microwave safe jug. Cook on high for 3 minutes in the microwave.
- Remove and stir in vanilla, maple syrup and coconut milk.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Mix together whey protein and water to a paste and stir into rice pudding. Set aside to cool a little for 10 minutes and allow it to thicken.