Chocolate Maca Vegan Protein Balls
- 100g instant oats (gluten-free of required)
- 20g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein Powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 20g ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp. maca powder
- 5 tbsp. tahini (sunflower seed, cashew or peanut butter butter also works)
- 2 tsp. water
- To decorate: 25g dark chocolate, 10g black sesame seeds
Roll, up roll up, who wants a butterscotch chocolate energy ball? Imagine a soft crumbly oat ball, with a dark-chocolate crispy base, coated in fragrant crunchy sesame seeds. I think it is my favourite energy ball at the moment, making a delicious change from date based ones!
These no bake balls are packed with protein from tahini, ground flaxseed and protein powder. The tahini helps bind the balls together and combined with the maca, impart a delicious butterscotch flavour.
These balls do not require baking and freeze well. They make fabulous portable snacks (be it for healthy snacks at the gym, at work or commuting). They also make perfect petit fours after dinner with a cup of your favourite brew.
- Put the oats in a blender or food processor and blend to form a fine oat flour.
- Add the ground flaxseed, protein powder, maca and sea salt, Pulse to combine.
- Add the tahini, melted coconut oil, water and vanilla extract. Blitz again to form a dough.
- Using your hands, take tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave and line a plate or tray with grease proof paper. Pour the black sesame seeds in a saucer.
- Part-dip each oat ball in melted chocolate, then the black sesame seeds and then place on the grease proof paper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins to set before serving. Enjoy!