Chocolate Banana Protein Pancakes
- 20g (1 tbsp) Whey Protein Isolate
- 120g (1 medium) ripe banana
- 30g (1/4 cup) gluten free oat flour or oats blended to a fine flour consistency
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp (10g) raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp (30ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) egg whites or 1 large whole egg
- 1 tbsp Whey Protein Concentrate
- 3-5 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp water
- 1 - 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Banana Slices
These were quite the recipe success…if I do say so myself! Thick and fluffy whey protein pancakes with a nice amount of carbs from the oats and banana, these thick and fluffy wonders make for the perfect post workout meal. Fast digesting carbs and easily assimilated protein…perfect recovery food when you energy is depleted and your muscles need some growing fuel!
- Blend together all pancake ingredients in a jug with a hand blender or in a food processor or high speed blender. I prefer to use a jug with a hand blender as you don't loose as much batter to your blending vessel!
- Spray a non stick pan with cooking spray or melt a little coconut oil in the pan to grease it.
- Pour batter into the pan, about 2 tbsp per pancake. Cook for 3 minutes over a medium heat before flipping and cooking for 2 minutes more. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Mix together whey concentrate with stevia and water until smooth.
- Stack pancakes, top with protein icing, peanut butter and slices of banana!