Cacao Pistachio Protein Vegan Oat Bars
For The Bars
- 2 cups (220g) rolled oats
- 40g cacao powder
- 60g Pulsin Chocolate Pea Protein
- 80g roast chopped pistachios
- 80g brown rice syrup
- 130g smooth roast cashew butter
- 120g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil
No bake chewy protein vegan oat bars with chunks of pistachio and a crisp chocolate topping.
- Mix together oats through to pistachios in a large bowl.
- Mix together brown rice syrup with cashew butter.
- Add wet to dry and mix well to combine.
- Place mixture into a 9 inch loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Press the mixture down firmly and spread evenly.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave; 30 seconds at time stirring and repeating until fully melted.
- Stir through coconut oil. Pour chocolate over the bars and place into the fridge to set for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 10 - 15 minutes before slicing to make that top chocolate layer easy to slice without cracking.
- Store bars in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for up to one month.