Berrylicious Baked Protein Oats
- 120g rolled oats, gluten free if necessary
- 375ml (1.5 cups) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 heaped tbsp (10g) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp berries for placing over the top
- Natural vanilla flavour whey protein
- 60ml (¼ cup) apple or pear puree*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp (15 - 30ml) maple syrup or honey (optional)
These berrylicious oats are baked to add a delicious depth of flavour. Packed full of protein it is the perfect breakfast choice to start your day right. Plus it is the perfect breakfast to meal prep!!!
This recipe makes two nice size portions, though you could stretch it to three depending on your appetite and what you plan on serving them with.
We like to serve them with a dairy free yogurt, sometimes mixed with some of our Chocolate Pea Protein Powder, and a generous drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Place the oats on a non stick or baking paper lined tray and place into the oven for 8 - 10 minutes to lightly toast (if you like you can skip this step but it does add depth of flavour).
- Whisk together apple puree, vanilla extract, almond milk and maple syrup if using.
- Mix together toasted oats, flaxseed, protein powder and baking powder.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well to combine.
- Place into a deep oven safe dish and leave to sit for 5 minutes so that the oats and flax start to absorb a bit of the liquid. Press berries into the top. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing or place in the fridge overnight and slice the next morning for a perfectly formed slice of your choice!
- These will keep in the fridge in a seal tight container for up to 4 days. They also reheat well in the microwave or can be toasted under a preheated grill.