Malted Vanilla Milk-Shake
- 1 cup (250ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 cup (approx. 200g) frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 scoop (30g) whey protein concentrate or whey protein isolate
- 1 tbsp maca powder (key for that malty flavour!)
- 5 – 10 drops liquid stevia or 1 tbsp stevia or 2 Medjool dates pitted or 1/2 – 1 tbsp raw honey…all down to personal taste!
This thick and creamy malted vanilla milkshake has no milk and no fruit, just heaps of vanilla and a generous serving of raw cauliflower to bump up the thickness factor!
You can of course freeze your cauliflower before blitzing or if you’d rather you can steam it, freeze it and then add it to your shake. It’s vital it’s frozen in order for it to bestow it’s thickening potential to the shake.
Not sure about cauliflower? Then why not substitute for frozen banana, or for something more indulgent use frozen coconut milk.
- Blend together all ingredients in a high speed blender until perfectly smooth
- Add a touch more almond milk if necessary to get things moving
- Blend on low speed at first and then build to high speed to completely blitz
- Sweeten to taste!
- Serve immediately while it’s at it’s thickest, as it is or topped with freeze dried strawberries, fresh or dried fruit of choice. Long handled spoon is a must!