#Brekkiebowl of the week : Healthy Apple and Cherry Crumble
- 2 dessert spoons of Coconut Oil
- 2 dessert spoons of Whey Protein Isolate
- 1 cup of Oats
- 1 desert spoon of Coconut Sugar
- Cup of Cherries (can be frozen)
- 3 dessert spoons of Coconut Flour
- 2 dessert spoons of Flax Seeds
- 2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 2 large Cooking Apples
- Dash of water
This week’s winning #Brekkiebowl submission is a glorious healthy apple and cherry crumble from Emily of whatiateforbreakfast.
It is served with a big dollop of greek yoghurt but you could supplement this for vegan ice cream, custard or whatever you like!
- Mix together the coconut oil, coconut flour, whey protein and flax seeds.
- Rub together between your fingers so it forms crumbs.
- Add the oats, a tsp of cinnamon and the coconut sugar and mix with the topping.
- Meanwhile peel and chop the cooking apples, and add to a saucepan with a cup of cherries, a drop of water and a tsp of cinnamon.
- Heat gently for around 10 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and add the fruit to a small baking dish, followed by the crumble topping.
- Bake for around 20 mins or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with yogurt and enjoy!