Turmeric Ginger Vegan Baked Oats
- 500ml unsweetened oat milk
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 40g unflavoured Pulsin Pea Protein
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 4 star anise
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 160g rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
These vegan baked oats are lightly spiced, beautifully golden with a incredibly moreish warming flavour, cakey consistency and anti-inflammatory benefits as an added bonus.
Topped with toasted black sesame seeds, juicy ripe mango and a dollop of coconut yogurt on the side. Baked oats just got super interesting!
- Mix together oat milk, turmeric, star anise and ginger. Place into a pot and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove star anise at this point.
- Add oats through to flaxseed into a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Lightly grease a 7 inch round or square dish with melted butter or coconut oil.
- Add maple syrup to milk mixture.
- Add wet ingredients to the oat mixture. Allow to absorb some of the liquid by leaving it to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Place mixture into prepared dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before slicing. I prefer to allow the oats to cool overnight and once refrigerated they slice with even more precision.
- Store in the fridge for up to five days.