Slow Cooker Steel Cut Carrot Cake Oats
- 280g steel cut (pinhead) oats
- 250ml oat milk
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 2 medium carrots finely grated
- 1250ml (1.25l) of water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 60g Pulsin Vanilla Whey Protein
Super creamy oats with a beautiful bite. Cooking steel cut or pinhead oats can be a bit of laborious task if undertaken on the stove top but if you stick them into the slow cooker you get a beautiful consistency and all the volume! This batch is laced with all the goodness of carrot cake and given a protein boost with Pulsin Whey Vanilla Protein which also adds a nice hit of cake like sweetness.
- Add oats, water, oat milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt to your slow cooker. Allow to cook on high for 2 hours. Add in maple syrup and carrot and cook for 1 hour or up to 1.5 hours more.
- Turn the slow cooker off and stir through whey protein. Serve up as is with toppings of choice or portion out and store leftovers in the fridge for up three days.
- Reheat with a touch more oat milk or water in a pot or microwave!