Pumpkin Cookie Dough Candy Bars
- 120g pumpkin puree; I used canned
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
- 60g Cassava flour; can be replaced with plain white rice flour if desired
- 60g dark chocolate of choice roughly chopped
- 60g smooth roast cashew butter; sunflower seed butter for a nut free option
- 15g Pulsin Vanilla Whey Protein
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or clarified butter
These no bake pumpkin cookie dough bars are made grain free with cassava flour and contain a nice little protein boost. The texture is dreamy and the dark chocolate crispy coating is a beautiful contrast.
Pulsin’s Natural Vanilla Whey Protein works really well in recipes, and can also be simply shaken up with milk for an easy on-the-go protein boost, it’s a great source of calcium too! You can find a delicious variety of recipes containing Pulsin’s Natural Vanilla Whey Protein here.
Pulsin’s goal is to create tasty nutritionally balanced products to suit everyone’s needs; be that for health, dietary intolerance or lifestyle, to help each person be their best self. Since launching Pulsin in 2007, co-founders Simon Ashburner, Nick Bildner and Ben Lewis, have shared the view that people, of all ages should be able to eat healthy foods without compromising taste.
- Mix together pumpkin puree, maple syrup and cashew butter in a large bowl.
- Add the cassava flour, protein powder and sea salt. Stir well to combine.
- Divide mixture into 6 even balls. Shape to form mini bars and place on a baking paper lined tray into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave using 30 second increments. Stir in coconut oil or clarified butter.
- One at a time, coat the pumpkin bar filling in the chocolate, submerging using a large spoon and lifting from the chocolate using a fork, tapping off the excess before returning to the baking paper lined tray to set.
- Store in the fridge for up to five days.