Pumpkin Cashew Butter Chickpea Pea Protein Curry
- 15g Pea Protein
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ - ⅔ can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 200g pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 40g smooth roast cashew butter
- 300ml unsweetened oat or almond milk
The ultimate thick rich and creamy curry sauce. Pumpkin puree instantly thickens the sauce along with the cashew butter, adding heaps of flavour and really doing their bit for that final consistency.
An additional protein boost with Pulsin Pea Protein in the mix, laced with chickpeas and served with a side of tricolour quinoa, complete plant based protein bowl in less than 30 minutes.
- Blend together pumpkin puree through to oat or almond milk in a high speed blender.
- Pour sauce into a pot, bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add a touch of hot water or more milk of choice to thin out the sauce it gets too thick.
- Add in chickpeas and allow to heat through for 5 minutes more.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander, roast cashews, coconut flakes and a side of quinoa. Corn chips might seem random but a nice little touch for scooping up the chickpea curry with an added crunch!