Protein Chocolate Mug Cake
- 15g buckwheat flour
- 10g cocoa powder
- 10g Chocolate Pea Protein
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 15g almond or peanut butter
- 10ml (2 tsp) maple syrup
- 30g banana puree/apple puree
- 60ml almond or oat milk
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
- Dairy free coconut, almond or cashew yogurt or dairy free ice cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Almond or Peanut Butter
- Chopped almonds or peanuts
- Toasted coconut
Just because it’s January doesn’t mean you have to give up chocolate, all forms of indulgence and eat only savoury food…unless of course that is truly what you want.
This chocolate mug cake will satisfy your sweet tooth, provide as much or as little indulgence as your heart, taste buds and tummy desire depending on how many add ins and toppings you opt for!
- Mix together flour through to baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix together nut butter, puree and dairy free milk of choice with maple syrup in a separate bowl.
- Add wet to dry.
- Grease a large microwave safe mug or ramekin with spray oil.
- Fold in chocolate chips if using.
- Transfer batter to the prepared mug or ramekin. Heat in the microwave for 1.5 - 2 minutes to cook through.
- Serve with all the toppings...