Protein Breakfast Oat Cookies
- 300g jumbo oats
- 20g gluten free flour
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30ml maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 50g dark chocolate melted for topping (optional)
- 20g Pea Protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 180ml cashew milk
- 60g raw cane sugar
- 2 - 3 tbsp mix ins (optional); seeds, chopped nuts, dried or fresh fruit (small pieces), chocolate chips
Simple breakfast oat cookies with just a small handful ingredients. You can add as few as none or up to 3 tbsp of mix ins of you choice to this recipe. I like to keep them plain and simple and then drizzle them with some melted dark chocolate or spread on a little peanut butter!
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together pea protein, jumbo oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mix together cashew milk, maple syrup, egg and sugar in a jug.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients. Fold in mix ins if using any at this point.
- Set to one side for 10 minutes.
- Use a standard ice cream scoop to create 12 mounds of the oat mixture, placing each one as you go onto a large baking paper lined tray.
- Press down to form cookies using your hands, shape around the edges using your fingertips if desired...purely for aesthetics!
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Top with melted chocolate if desired.
- Store in a seal tight container for up to three days or freeze for a rainy day.