Peppermint Protein Layer Bars
Base and Top Layer Ingredients
- 150g Medjool dates
- 60g almond flour
- 60g desiccated coconut
- 40g cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil, melted
- 150g milk or dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp (8g) coconut oil
- 6 drops of peppermint extract
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 80g coconut butter (not coconut oil)
- 60g Vanilla Whey Protein
- 125ml full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp (20g) honey (optional)
A raw chocolate coconut bottom layer, a protein laced peppermint centre, topped off with your favourite chocolate.
An alternative festive treat with a hidden protein boost!
- Line a 9lb loaf with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil.
- Blend Medjool dates to a paste in your food processor. Break up the paste and add almonds, coconut and cocoa or raw cacao powder to the food processor.
- Once everything is evenly combined add the coconut oil.
- Place base crumb into the prepared tin. Press down with finger tips to spread evenly and compact.
- Melt coconut butter in a pot over a low heat or in the microwave.
- Mix together all filling ingredients. Leave out the honey and add if you need it to taste a little sweeter.
- Spread filling over the based, pressing down again with your fingertips or the back of a spoon.
- Place chocolate into a microwave safe jug or dish and melt in the microwave in 30 second increments. It should only take about 2 minutes total.
- Pour over the coconut layer and place into the fridge to set overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before slicing to prevent the chocolate layer from cracking.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to one month.