Make your muscles mighty with these Matcha Protein Bars
- 160g pea protein
- 80g smooth cashew butter
- 10 - 15g matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g maple syrup
- 30g coconut flour
- 250ml water
- 180g Pulsin no added sugar chocolate drops
- 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil
- Hemp seeds and chopped pistachios (optional)
As much as I love my Pulsin Protein Boosters, with their natural proteins on hand making my own homemade versions is one of my favourite past times! I love coming up with quirky combinations, experimenting with flavours and textures.
I’m obsessed with all things Matcha at the minute so these protein bars appease on every level. Beautifully bright, coated in chocolate, a little chewy yet melt in the mouth at the same time, and super duper satisfying.
- Blend together all ingredients in a food processor.
- Place into an 8 inch square tine that has been lined with baking paper. Allow to set in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Slice into 12 - 16 squares.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil in a large 2 litre jug with a wide base in the microwave.
- One at a time place the bars into the melted chocolate.
- Coat and then remove with a large spoon. Transfer to a fork, tap off excess chocolate and return to a plate or tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds and some chopped roast pistachios or whatever your heart desires.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks or at room temperature for one week in a seal tight container. You can also freeze them for up to one month.