Deliciously satisfying Chickpea Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed well, approx. 240g
- 1.5 cups (150g) coconut sugar or raw cane sugar
- 1 cup (110g) oat flour (or grind oats to a FINE flour consistency in a high-speed blender)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80g chocolate drops
- ½ cup (120g) smooth natural almond or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp (7g) milled flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
I feel like brownies get way more attention than the blondie…it’s more subtle counterpart but equally as chewy, fudgy and satisfying, once you have the right recipe.
I’ve baked quite a few blondies which in hindsight were much more of a cakey consistency. These blondies live up to expectations, laced with chocolate drops with an extra drizzle on top, they have the flavour and texture that my heart desires.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Blend together chickpeas, nut butter and coconut sugar in your food processor until smooth. Blend in the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spread thick batter evenly in your 8 inch tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool fully before slicing. Store in a seal tight container for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to one month.
- Best served warm or at room temperature as opposed to straight from the fridge.