Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mac & Cheese
- 150g cooked and cooled sweet potato flesh
- 100g cooked and cooled cauliflower
- 60g smooth roast cashew butter
- 3 - 6 tbsp nutritional yeast depending on how cheesy you would like your sauce!
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 200ml - 250ml oat milk or cashew milk
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (15g) Pea Protein
- 300g uncooked dried elbow pasta
- 4 handfuls finely chopped kale
- 4 tsp vegan friendly basil pesto
- Potato chips/crisps of choice; vegan friendly
Just because it’s January (and Veganuary) doesn’t mean you have to give up, all forms of indulgence.
Here is a delicious vegan friendly protein mac and cheese recipe for some hearty and comforting indulgence!
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Blend together all sauce ingredients with the exception of the protein powder until perfectly smooth and silky in a high-speed blender. Start with 200 ml of oat milk and add more if necessary either before or after you add the protein powder.
- Add protein powder and blend to combine.
- Season to taste with Pink Himalayan Rock Salt.
- Mix shredded kale with pesto.
- Add sauce to cooked and drained pasta.
- Serve topped with some of the kale pesto slaw and crisps of choice! Dig in!!!