Berry Baked Quinoa Proats
- 100g cooked quinoa
- 120g jumbo oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20g Pea Protein
- 2 tsp milled flaxseed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 80 - 100g berries of choice for mixing in; reserve a few for on top!
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 ml - 30 ml maple syrup
- 500ml oat milk or non dairy milk of choice
Baked oats are my go to meal prep breakfast on the move option. You can switch these up by using chocolate pea protein and a little cocoa powder for a chocolate version, or go down the tropical route with some pineapple, mango and toasted desiccated coconut in the mix!
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together quinoa through to cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add vanilla through to oat milk and mix well to combine. Set to one side for 5 minutes to thicken a little.
- Spray an oven safe dish, I use a 2 - 3 inch deep 5 inch square dish.
- Fold berries through the oat mixture reserving a few for on top.
- Add oat mixture to the dish and place some berries on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Ideally bake the night before as I think these are even better when fully cooled, and set in the fridge. They can be reheated or served cold or at room temperature topped with non dairy yogurt, nut butter and some berries!