Apple Cinnamon Spiced Protein Oats
- 100g oats of choice
- 250ml water
- 250ml oat milk
- 100g apple puree
- 1 -2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 20g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- 1 -2 tbsp maple syrup to taste
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp pecans and pumpkin seeds mixed; toasted if desired
- 2 -4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 small sweet apple of choice diced
- 2 tbsp pomegranate
Protein oats are a great way to start your morning, (especially when it’s cold and dark!) and these apple pie oats are no exception. Porridge can be an incredibly versatile breakfast, and can be topped with seasonal fruit, boosted with protein, or jazzed up with nut butters and seeds! If you’re gluten-free you can replace the oats with gluten-free oats, or another alternative, such as rice or quinoa, for something a little bit different! This delicious vegan recipe is sure to be a hit!
These protein oats, laced with cinnamon and apple, are a comforting hug in a bowl. A little Pulsin Natural Pea Protein goes a long way, thickening the oats, bestowing it’s natural earthy flavour, topped off with maple syrup, tahini, pomegranate and some pecans and pumpkin seeds for crunch; a delicious way to spruce up your morning oatmeal!
With 80% protein and a neutral flavour, Pea Protein is the most versatile powder in Pulsin’s range. It can easily be mixed with sweet or savoury dishes and is heat stable, making it ideal for adding a protein boost to hot soups and casseroles. You can find a range of sweet and savoury recipes incorporating Unflavoured Pea Protein here.
Do you have a sweeter tooth? Pulsin’s plant-based Unflavoured Pea Protein is also available in a delicious natural chocolate flavour which can simply be added to milk for an on-the-go boost, or to a whole host of recipes!
Pulsin’s goal is to create tasty nutritionally balanced products to suit everyone’s needs; be that for health, dietary intolerance or lifestyle, to help each person be their best self. Since launching Pulsin in 2007, co-founders Simon Ashburner, Nick Bildner and Ben Lewis, have shared the view that people, of all ages should be able to eat healthy foods without compromising taste.
- Mix together oats, water, oat milk, apple puree and cinnamon in a pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes; until thickened.
- Add in salt, pea protein and maple syrup to taste.
- Stir well to combine. Loosen out with a little more oat milk if desired to reach desired consistency.
- Serve topped with the wonderful array of topping suggestions!