Back by popular demand is Kay Cammack with this HIIT workout!
HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training, and it incorporates bursts of near maximum workout periods with rest periods.
The benefits of HIIT are that it doesn’t take long and you will be burning calories for hours afterwards!
For this workout, all you need is a chair and yourselves. Ensure that you are fully warmed up before you start the workout to minimise the risk of any injuries.
This HIIT workout is broken down into 30 seconds of work, followed by 30 seconds of rest and repeated 10 times. During the rest periods, have a sip of water and ensure that you walk around or keep moving in some way!
- Interval 1: Jumping Squats
- Interval 2: Jumping Squats
- Interval 3: High knees
- Interval 4: High knees
- Interval 5: Chair jumps
- Interval 6: Chair jumps
- Interval 7: Reverse lunge and knee jump (right)
- Interval 8: Reverse lunge and knee jump (left)
- Interval 9: Burpees
- Interval 10: Burpees
- Jumping Squats: Start with feet hip width apart. Push your bum back and lower into a squat. Drive through with your legs and jump into the air. Land back in a squat and repeat
- High Knees: Run as fast as you can, driving your knees to hip height
- Chair Jumps: Grab yourself a chair. Put your hands firmly on the 2 corners furthest from the back. Jump from side to side imagining that the chair is long and you need to get over it with each jump!
- Reverse lunge and knee jump: Start with feet hip width apart. Starting with your right leg, step it back into a lunge, and then drive the right knee up to your hip height whilst jumping on your left leg. Lead with one leg for one interval and then swap to the other leg for the next interval
- Burpees: Start standing straight. Crouch down so your hands are flat on the floor and jump the feet back so you are in a push up position. Jump the feet back in to where they started and then jump up as high as possible. That is one burpee.
Kay Cammack is a former sugar addict, binge eater and yo-yo dieter, now turned weight loss coach and personal trainer – helping people live a healthy, fun and enjoyable life that is sustainable so they can look and feel great for the rest of their lives.