Mighty Jumbo Chocolate Protein Pancake
- 1 tsp (5g) melted coconut oil for cooking
- 1 tbsp (10g) whey protein isolate
- 2 tbsp (15g) coconut flour
- 1 tbsp (7g) raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp (approx. 6g) psyllium husk flakes
- 3 large organic eggs (approx. 3/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp (30ml) full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp stevia erylite
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fresh vanilla or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cacao nibs
- Hazelnut Butter
Here’s something a little different for Shrove Tuesday; rather than a batch of pancakes, one giant chocolate protein pancake!
This week Peachy Palate has shared her recipe to create a jumbo, thick, fluffy, lightly fudgy chocolate protein pancake!
With one jumbo pancake, you simply use all the batter in at once, no flipping, straight under the grill and just one not at all messy flip at the end for a final teeny weeny bit of cooking on the top side. Not sure you want one giant pancake? Then you can still use the mixture to make 4-5 smaller pancakes instead.
- Blend together all batter ingredients in a jug using a hand blender.
- Melt coconut oil in a pan over a low to medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot add the pancake batter, once slightly set lower the heat, leave to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Place under a preheated grill for 1-2 minutes to speed up the cooking process!!! Flip and cook for 1 minute more.
- Serve pancake with toppings of choice! Slice it up to serve as pancake wedges if you prefer!