Jumbo Protein Oatmeal Banana Pancake
- 2 tbsp (15g) Whey Protein Isolate
- ½ cup (40g) oats
- ¼ cup (60g) mashed banana; approx. half a small banana
- ¼ cup (60ml) egg whites or 1 large whole egg
- 2 tbsp (15ml) unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract or powder
- Pinch or two of cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp (10g) Whey Protein Concentrate
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- ½ tbsp water
This single jumbo pancake is perfect to whip up this weekend. The high carb recipe makes it perfect for post workout, restoring your glycogen and fuelling your pumped muscles with protein via both the pancake itself and the protein icing.
But it is also easy on the tummy, satisfying and oh so tasty! Why keep it for post workout only? We might have to make a couple this Sunday as the perfect breakfast treat, workout or not!
Want to make a version which is dairy free? We advise substituting the Whey Isolate in the pancake mixture itself to Pea Protein and using Organic Sunflower Protein in the icing. You can also use chia eggs to make the recipe vegan friendly too and gluten free oats for a gluten free version.
- Rose Petals
- Dark Chocolate (Michelle used 90% cacao)
- Slices of Banana
- Coconut Flakes
- Blend together all ingredients in a high speed blender or NutriBullet.
- Melt coconut oil in a non stick pan; or melt, place into a spritzer bottle and spray the pan to coat! Pour batter into the pan.
- Leave to cook for 4 minutes over a low heat. Meanwhile preheat the grill/broiler.
- Place pan under preheated broiler and cook the pancake for 2 minutes. It will now be much easier to flip. Carefully flip, place back onto the stove top and cook for 2 minutes more over a low heat.
- Beat together icing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour icing over the pancake and serve adorned with toppings of choice.