Milky Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup (125g) riced cauliflower steamed for 8 minutes; allow to cool to room temperature
- 4 scoops (120g) Pulsin' whey protein concentrate
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut cream from the top of a refrigerated can of full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup (180ml) unsweetend almond milk
- 1/4 cup (30g) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (120g) roast cashew butter
- 1/2 cup (110g) coconut oil
- 20 drops liquid stevia or 2 tbsp (40g) to taste
- 1 heaped tsp vanilla powder or 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tbsp (7 -14g) maca powder..depending on how malty you want the filling!
- 2 tbsp (14g) lucuma powder
- 200g (2 cups) 85 – 90% dark chocolate (I used 90%)
A bar that invokes the taste of childhood, sweet enough to satisfy cravings but with enough protein to make the perfect post workout snack – yes please!
There’s also a hidden vegetable in these bars, that ensures you have at least 1 of your 5 a day. The humble cauliflower has been added to give a great creamy consistency.
Plus not only can you keep these bars in the fridge, you can also freeze them and eat them cold like a choc ice. What’s not to love about this recipe?!
- Blend together all filling ingredients with the exception of the protein powder and coconut flour in your high speed blender
- Start on a low speed, stop, scrape down the sides and repeat until starting to flow more smoothly
- Once it’s easily spinning add in the protein powder and coconut flour, increase the speed to create a silky smooth filling
- Pour in a to a lined loose bottom lightly greased 6 inch square tin
- Place in the freezer for one hour
- Remove and slice in to 10 bars
- Place on a lined baking tray and return to the freezer while you melt the chocolate
- If they’ve softened while slicing leave to firm up for a couple of hours first
- Melt chocolate in a bain marie or in 20 second intervals in the microwave
- Carefully coat each milky way bar with chocolate gently lifting it up with a fork underneath and tapping off the excess
- Place back on to the parchment lined baking tray from the freezer
- Once the chocolate is set which will only take a few minutes, drizzle with the remainder to make them look pretty
- Allow to firm up and then store in the fridge for up to 1 week or the freezer for up one month